“Hamilton” – Fridays, 2:45pm – 3:45pm Pacific Time
Students will explore some of their favorite roles and songs from the hit Broadway musical, and will collaborate to create a music video of one of their favorite songs from the play!
Sep 18, 25
Oct 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Nov 6, 13, 20
- Students meet with the instruction team for one hour, once a week
- Zoom Instruction will include: Theatre and Improvisation Games, Script/Scene Work, Acting, Dancing, & Singing
- Students will also participate in Special Guest Workshops with Broadway Artists
- Students will have access to tutorial videos, that they may watch and practice with from home
- Posted in a private folder on YouTube
- Video Instruction will include: Dance & Choreography, Singing, Self-Tape (Recording from Home), Acting for the Camera, Costuming your Character, and more
- Students will be given music that they can practice along with at home
- Posted in a private folder on Dropbox
- Music provided will include: Instrumental versions, versions with vocals, and versions of the songs with the melodies and harmonies plunked out note for note on a piano
- Students will be assigned roles in at least one scene and song from the musical we are studying
- Students will learn their parts from home
- Students will record themselves performing a song from the musical we are studying, and send their recordings to Theatre 31
- Theatre 31 will edit the recordings together and create a video that will be made available to the families involved
- Access to the internet with a reliable connection that will allow students to be a part of our Zoom classes
- Earphones, earbuds, or headphones and a device that students can listen to music on (a computer, ipod, phone, etc)
- Access to YouTube, and a place that they can practice their dances from home
- Access to Dropbox, where they will download the music tracks for our class
- Access to a video recording device (separate from the one mentioned above). A phone with a video camera will work great
- Parents will need to help sudents with their home recordings
Basic Class Option: $350 per session
$20 per class hour, plus $150 fee for the script, music, audio & video editing, and a copy of the final video presentation.
Private Instruction Option: $500 per session
For this option, students will receive everything included in the Basic Class Option, as well as up to three private lessons in the area of their choice. These lessons will be a half an hour long, and will be scheduled with your instructor the first week of class.
* Discounted rates for siblings and those who enroll in multiple classes
** For other payment plan options, please contact us by using the link below.