RESEARCH SHOWS that ARTS EDUCATION HELPS STUDENTS*:
- Achieve higher academic success.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Explore different cultural values and belief systems.
- Develop a greater comprehension of self and compassion for others.
- Improve self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-respect.
- Boost skills of communication, cooperation and collaboration.
- Attain better job opportunities with higher pay, more responsibility, more room for growth, and more employee satisfaction.
- Say that creativity and collaboration are skills they look for when hiring.
- Affirm that arts education classes help people develop these skills.
- Give millions of dollars annually to fund arts education.
THE ARTS CAN:
- Reach students who might otherwise slip through the cracks.
- Assist students with different learning styles.
- Create a feeling of connection and cooperation between students.
CREATE SCHOOLS THAT ARE EXCITING PLACES FOR LEARNING AND DISCOVERY.
* “Critical Links: Learning in the Arts and Student Academic and Social Development” Arts Education Partnership, 2002. www.aep-arts.org In association with the National Endowment for the Arts, and the United States Department of Education
** “The Best Companies Supporting the Arts in America” Americans for the Arts, 2021. www.americansforthearts.org