Session 1 – “Hamilton – edited Act I”
June 15-26, 2020
Session 2 – “Peter Pan”
July 6-17, 2020
Session 3 – “Mean Girls”
July 27 – August 7, 2020
A fun musical with a strong message of standing up for what is right regardless of how others may judge you for it. Especially powerful subject matter for adolescent students.
- Students meet with the instruction team each morning at 10:00am for one hour
- Theatre and Improvisation Games
- Special Guest Workshops with Broadway artists
- Posted in a private folder on YouTube that our students may access anytime
- At least one hour of instruction per day available
- Dance & Choreography, Singing
Self-Tape (Recording from Home), Acting for the Camera
Costuming your Character, and more.
- Posted in a private folder on Dropbox that students may access
- Instrumental versions, versions with vocals, and versions of the songs with the melodies and harmonies plunked out note for note
- Recordings to help learn harmonies and counterpoint sections of the music
- Students will be assigned roles in at least one scene and/or song from the musical we are studying.
- Students will be asked to learn their parts from home.
- Students will be asked to record themselves performing their parts, and send in their recordings.
- Theatre 31 will edit the recordings together and create a video that will be made available to all families involved.
- Access to the internet with a reliable connection that will allow students to be a part of our Zoom classes.
- Earphones, earbuds, or headphones and a device that students can listen to music on. (a computer, ipod, phone, etc)
- Access to YouTube, and a place that they can practice their dances.
- Students will need to download the music tracks that will be sent to them via Dropbox.
- Access to a video recording device (separate from the one mentioned above). A phone with a video camera will work great.
- Parents may need to help our younger campers with their home recordings.
Please watch the Theatre 31 Distance Learning Promotional Video to give you and your children a visual representation of our distance learning summer program.
Hamilton 2020 Distance Learning Summer Camp Video
Please watch the Hamilton “My Shot” Video that Theatre 31 Distance Learning Summer Camp students collaborated on during Session 1 of 2020 Distance Learning Summer Camps.
Please watch the Lion King “Hakuna Matata” video to get an idea of what our final presentation videos will look like.
Video Produced by: Santa Monica Education Foundation
Video Edited by: Peter Chaikin
Special Thank You to: Producers Linda Greenberg and Ann Conkle
Basic Camp Option: $550 per session
$20 per class hour, plus $150 fee for the script, music, video editing, and a copy of the final video presentation.
Private Instruction Option: $800 per session
For this option, students will receive everything included in the Basic Camp Option, as well as up to three private or small group lessons in the area of their choice.
These lessons will be up to an hour long, and will be scheduled during the camp session they are a part of, between the hours of 11:00am and 3:00pm.
* Discounted rates for siblings and those who enroll in multiple camps
** For other payment plan options, please contact us by using the link below.